BEology: The Study & Practice of Well-Being
We are committed empowering others to become more engaged in their lives through education, self-discovery and experience. We combine yoga philosophy, mindfulness, psychology and neuroscience through a blend of lectures, practices and self reflection exercises. With great courage, integrity and love we embrace our responsibility to co-create a world where each of us, our communities, and our planet can thrive.
We have become a culture of human ‘doings’ versus human ‘beings’. As a society we have started ‘shoulding’ all over ourselves and everybody around us. Most days are filled with to-do lists, stress and expectations as a result of our success driven bigger, better, faster culture. Many find themselves continuously checking boxes, and chasing goals, yet true fulfilment, and happiness seem elusive.
As a culture we are obsessed with retaining youth and extending life expectancies and yet neuroscience has confirmed we spend at-least half of our days not paying attention or completely checked out. Stress is on the rise with 50% of adults reporting moderate to high amounts of daily stress. Mental illness, addiction and poverty are rampant in many of our communities despite abundance. Only 8% of adults claim they feel their work enhances their wellness even though this is how many people define themselves, or spend the majority of their days. Clearly a shift needs to happen.
Who you are BEING is also what you are becoming. Get off the wheel to live for real.
What is BEology
BEology is the study and practice of well-being. It is the science of inner peace and the art of living like you give a f&$k. BEology blends neuroscience, psychology, mindfulness and yoga, offering a ‘users manual’ for the human experience and tools to calibrate and navigate life circumstances. Once we understand the way our minds and bodies work (or at least a couple theories), we can upgrade our human OS from survive to thrive. Our brain is hardwired with a negativity bias which is fortified through the human doing culture and trauma.
The BEology tools develop self-awareness and self-compassion, increase emotional intelligence and interconnectedness, and foster an inner resource and peacefulness, which allows us to harvest more satisfaction in our moment-to-moment experiences.
When we move into the “being-state” we can experience a different perspective of our lives in which we do not identify so strongly or take everything so personally. It’s not that we are trying to eliminate all stress or repress difficult experiences, rather our intention is to develop a new relationship to the these unavoidable experiences.
Compassion and resilience allow us to embrace life, becoming motivated by love versus fear (jealousy, insecurity, lack, inadequacy and unworthiness). Instead of reacting, deflecting, pushing away and numbing, we can align more with our heart and who or how we want to BE in our lives.
When we drop out of our head and its constant expectations, judgements and ‘shoulds’ we can learn to trust our guts and align with our hearts Instead of trading our intuition for acceptance or being of victim of our habit loops, we can cultivate a more integral and engaged way of living. We like to call it ‘living like you give a f&%K
Disconnect to reconnect
Survive to Thrive
I to Us
More BEing. Less Doing
INTUITION over acceptance
More JUICE. Less Filler
More RECEIVING. Less resistance
If its not a HELL YES it’s a F$&K NO!
MAKE LOVE versus getting off
Get off the Wheel to Live for Real
“People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive” Joseph Campbell
BEology customizes seminars, coaching, and retreats for individuals, couples, families and organizations interested in creating a culture of wellness, minimizing the effects of stress and trauma, developing self-awareness and emotional intelligence, and enhancing communication and collaboration. BEology courses, seminars and retreats explain the neuroscience around mindfulness and inner peace while exploring the psychology of personality, attachment, emotional intelligence, motivation, inner criticism (the panel of assholes) and self-compassion. We will also explore various tools from yoga and mindfulness in addition to self-reflection and self-compassion practices from psychology, in order to hijack our human operating system and live a life that is in alignment with our deepest values. Awake. Alive. Engaged.
- April 14, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- April 14, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join Michele Theoret for a weekend unplugged in nature at a beautiful retreat centre in Winfeild Alberta. This retreat will include: Friday evening Delicious dinner and meet and greet. We will take some time to connect, share some stories and get set up in the cozy pine cabins or tipi accommodations. Conversation about Beology: The (more…)
- May 4, 2018 - July 6, 2018
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- May 4, 2018 - July 6, 2018
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
In this 10 week online course we will discuss BEology: The science of inner peace and the art of engaged living. The BEology 10-week course dissects the science of mindfulness, stress, motivation and habits, so that we may better understand the human operating system. We will utilize tools from psychology, such as self-reflection, and self-compassion (more…)
- BEology: Life Practice 10-week semester of BEology is a weekly group course which unpacks the science of inner peace and the art of engaged living. Each week we will dissect a new topic under the microscope of self-reflection, conversation, mindfulness practice and field work (applied life practice). Group courses are small intimate focus groups which meet weekly.
- BEology Retreats: weekend and 7 day offerings in various locations.
- BEology Meditation and Mindfulness Training
- BEology in the workplace.
- BEology Project Foundation: Self-care and inner peace SHOULD NOT (okay the one should we will use) be a luxury. BPE is a charitable organization whom offers courses, retreats and trainings for various populations.
- BEology App (Winter 2019)
- BEology: The science of inner peace & the art of living like you give a f$&k users guide and work book (Summer 2018)
Highlight Reel from BEology users guide and work book for finding inner peace and living like you give a f$&k
- Blame it on the Brain: Like mili vanili we are victims of our environment. Our brains have evolved to focus on survival and not necessarily happiness and this leaves us with a negativity bias that is conditioned by our environments to focus on danger.
- Let’s talk about Stress Baby: Resilience 2.0. Yes, stress is devastating on our bodies. The WHO has 8 of the top 10 mortality rates as lifestyle disease with stress being the root. However, without stress we cannot grow. Current research shows how our “mind-set” can transform a breakdown into a break through.
- Being vs. Doing: making love versus getting off: Intimacy is about being with all of our experiences without the need to fix or change anything. We spend so much time chasing pleasure through external sources while running away from discomfort and yet fulfillment seems elusive. The faster we run the farther away we get. True pleasure and happiness are an inside job. Understanding our emotional drive systems and how to increase pleasure tolerance through mindfulness and relaxation allows us extract more pleasure from our moment to moment experience.
- Zen and the art of cleaning toilets. The yoga poses, chanting, mediations are simply tools to strengthen us for the real arena called our life. That’s why it’s called a practice. Mindfulness is the practice of being awake in your LIFE.
- Creating a “F*&k it” list. In our culture, we are so obsessed with goals and doing, that we fail to realize that in our quest for validation we are “should” ing all over ourselves and everybody else around us. In this conversation, we will talk inner critic, how “should happens”, why expectations are disappointments waiting to happen and how to rewire the panel of assholes in your head.
- Composting: Turning “should” into fertilizer. Give yourself that which you are seeking through self-compassion and self-care.
- Self-Love versus self-hate: Why self-compassion is the new discipline allowing us to transform fear, guilt and shame and connect us to our deeper values, desires and intentions.
- Courage and Authenticity: Excavating the heart and remembering who and how you were before you were covered in SHOULD
- Integrity: The state of the union. Aligning your words and actions with your heart.
- Inter-being: A famous psychologist Maslow discovered near the end of his life that beyond a human’s need to “self-actualize” (fancy word achieving optimal potential) is the need for “self-transcendence” or to be of service to something larger that the self. When we get to this place we are motivated by love over fear upgrading our personal philosophy from I to us and we can live like we give a F%^K
Please contact Michele Theoret for more information on corporate or one on one programs: email@example.com