BEology Mindfulness Based Wellness
Who you are BEING is what you are becoming. BEology is a mindfulness based holistic wellness program that focuses on BEING in relationship to the vicissitudes of life, staying in alignment with your heart, and living on purpose!
What is BEology mindfulness based wellness?
BEology is the science of inner peace and art of engaged living (living like you give a f#$k). BEology blends neuroscience, physiology, psychology, and mindfulness, offering a ‘users manual’ for the human experience in addition to tools to better calibrate, navigate and be in relationship to our lives. Through curiosity, understanding, connection and compassion we may upgrade our human OS from just surviving to thriving.
Why BEology mindfulness based wellness?
We have become a culture of human ‘doings’ versus human ‘beings’ and survival mode has become the new normal for most. For many people the days are filled with to-do lists, stress, expectations, and unconscious coping strategies. As a society we have started ‘shoulding’ all over ourselves resulting in disconnection from our bodies, emotions, and deeper meaning. As a result many find themselves strung-out on an endless wheel of franticly checking boxes, numbing pain and chasing an illusion of “the good life”, yet true contentment, fulfilment, and happiness seem elusive.
As a culture we are obsessed with retaining youth and extending life expectancies and yet neuroscience has confirmed we spend at-least half of our days not paying attention or completely checked out. Stress is on the rise with over 50% of adults reporting moderate to high amounts of daily stress and many of our youth struggling to cope. Mental illness, exhaustion, addiction, and poverty are rampant in many of our communities with many feeling isolated, alone, and disconnected from deeper meaning and purpose.
Individuals, families, communities, and societies continue to unconsciously recycle outdated narratives, multigenerational trauma, and toxic behaviours aimed at survival and connection only to feel stuck in destructive relationships with themselves, each other and the very thing that nourishes and gives us life; The planet.
How does BEology mindfulness based wellness work?
BEology is about realizing we have choices. It’s about compassionately understanding our own humanity, who and why we are, and what else might be possible.
The BEology mindfulness and self-reflection tools:
- Develop self-awareness and self-compassion
- Increase intimacy with reality
- Enhance emotional intelligence
- Allow us to shift from reactive (unconscious) to responsive (on purpose)
- Foster an inner resource and peacefulness which allows us to harvest more satisfaction in our moment-to-moment experiences
- Build connection and commUNITY
When we move into the “being-state” we can experience a different and wider perspective of our lives, one in which we do not identify so strongly or take everything so personally. In the being state we can shift from reactivity, which is unconscious and often dictated by outdated narratives, into responsiveness where we are more current, creative and have more choices. In this space we might also begin to recognize a deeper interconnectedness, or self-transcendence which cultivates empathy, selflessness, and altruism allowing for deeper meaning and connection within our families, communities, and environments.
It’s not that we are trying to eliminate all stress or repress difficult experiences, rather our intention is to develop a new relationship to the these unavoidable human experiences. Compassion and resilience allow us to embrace life, becoming motivated by love versus fear (jealousy, insecurity, lack, inadequacy and unworthiness). Instead of reacting, deflecting, pushing away and numbing, we can align more with our heart and who or how we want to BE in our lives.
When we drop out of our head and its constant expectations, judgements and ‘shoulds’ we can learn to trust our guts and align with our hearts. Instead of trading our intuition for acceptance, or being a victim of our unconscious habit loops, we can cultivate a more integral and engaged way of living; shifting from reactive into responsive and from survive to thrive.
In addition to offering trainings in Meditation and Mindfulness, we customizes seminars, counselling, courses, and retreats for individuals, couples, teens, families, and organizations interested in creating a culture of wellness, minimizing the effects of stress and trauma, developing self-awareness and emotional intelligence, and enhancing communication and collaboration.
These weekend intensive retreats for individuals, teens, and couples focus on bridging the gap between formal mindfulness practice and our day to day lives so that we may approach our lives, relationships, and environments with increased sensitivity, compassion, curiosity and integrity. As we build an awareness of who and how we are in our relationships and lives, through compassionate curiosity we may also begin to ask what else do I want and what else might be possible. These retreats include food, accommodations, yoga classes, self-care workshops, mindfulness sessions, opportunities for self-reflection, and seminars on various wellness topics.
- The Great Thaw Japer: Click here for more info
- Fall Back Disconnect to Re-connect: Rockies *coming soon*
- Pura Vida “The Good Life”: Mexico/Costa Rica *coming soon*
- Italy *coming soon*
In this online 10-week course we unpack the science of inner peace in order that you may better understand the way the human operating system works. We also offer various theories from Psychology and neuroscinece to explain why we might behave the way we do, where suffering comes from and how mindfulness may help us be in relationship to suffering and stress. Each week we will explore different topics and learn new mindfulness practices. In addition a workbook is provided with offers journalling exercises and self-care homework. This program provides unlimited streaming access to content. Additional one on one consultations may be provided at an additional cost.
BEology Mindfulness Based Wellness: 10-week group counselling *coming soon*
This weekly 90-120 min group counselling session combines: mindfulness, psycho-education, and group psychotherapy ignorer to help individuals better navigate stress, re-connect, and discover deeper meaning in their lives and relationships.
Learn to share meditation and mindfulness practices with individuals and groups. This program may be completed online or in one of our live weekend trainings. This program integrates contemplative practices with psychology and neuroscience to offer accessible practices.
Highlight Reel from BEology users guide and work book for finding inner peace and living like you give a f$&k
- Blame it on the Brain: Like mili vanili we are victims of our environment. Our brains have evolved to focus on survival and not necessarily happiness and this leaves us with a negativity bias that is conditioned by our environments to focus on danger.
- Let’s talk about Stress Baby: Yes, stress is devastating on our bodies. The WHO has 8 of the top 10 mortality rates as lifestyle disease with stress being the root. However, without stress we cannot grow. Current research shows how our “mind-set” can transform a breakdown into a break through.
- Being vs. Doing: Intimacy is about being with all of our experiences without the need to fix or change anything. We spend so much time chasing pleasure through external sources while running away from discomfort and yet fulfillment seems elusive. The faster we run the farther away we get. Understanding our emotional drive systems and how to increase pleasure tolerance through mindfulness and relaxation allows us extract more pleasure from our moment to moment experience.
- Creating a “F*&k it” list. In our culture, we are so obsessed with goals and doing, that we fail to realize that in our quest for validation we are “should” ing all over ourselves and everybody else around us. In this conversation, we will talk inner critic, how “should happens”, why expectations are disappointments waiting to happen and how to rewire the panel of assholes in your head.
- Composting: Turning “should” into fertilizer. Give yourself that which you are seeking through self-compassion and self-care.
- Why self-compassion is the new self-love allowing us to BE with fear, guilt and shame and connect us to our deeper values, desires and intentions.
- Courage and Authenticity: Excavating the heart and remembering who and how you were before you were covered in SHOULD
- Integrity: The state of the union. Aligning your words and actions with your heart.
- Inter-being: A famous psychologist Maslow discovered near the end of his life that beyond a human’s need to “self-actualize” (fancy word achieving optimal potential) is the need for “self-transcendence” or to be of service to something larger that the self. When we get to this place we are motivated by love over fear upgrading our personal philosophy from me me me me to we.
Please contact Michele Theoret for more information on corporate or one on one programs: email@example.com